• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

    Thursday, February 16, 2006

    Off to Washington D.C.

    I've never been to the capital of the free world before. This weekend is President's Day weekend meaning a long holiday for me. What better way to celebrate President's Day than touring the District of Columbia? I'm planning on hitting the Supreme Court, Congress, and of course the Smithsonian as the main events. The International Spy Museum will also be on my hit list. The White House would be really nice, but I couldn't get a pass on such short notice, that'll be just another excuse to come back. Last but not least- the nightlife. I am definitely going to meander the various array of entertainment spots scattered throughout the District, and Arlington. The only negative is I have two tests when I return, so I'm going to have to study somehow between metro stops. I'll be sure to post some pics when I get back. Have a great weekend.

    5 Comments:

    At 2/17/2006 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    DC is awesome. Have fun! Y'all will learn a lot there.

     
    At 2/17/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger airforcewife said...

    We LOVE to visit DC! And hopefully we'll get stationed there next.

    You have fun. Make sure to visit the spy museum. It's one of our favorites.

    Can't imagine why ;)

     
    At 2/18/2006 12:51 AM, Blogger Politics of a Patriot said...

    Have fun!

     
    At 2/18/2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
    At 2/21/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Jake said...

    It was all I anticipated it to be, and much more. I only wish I had gotten to see more. I will be back soon!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home