• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

    Monday, January 23, 2006

    Laptop Woes

    So, my warranty ran out December 30th for my Hewlett Packard laptop, and sure enough my laptop decided to not turn on the other day, hence my abrupt cyber absence. So, after getting no pity from the HP's customer service I brought my piece of junk to a computer repair shop who still has no idea what's wrong with it- he's had it a week now! So- two lessons... 1) Don't buy a Hewlett Packard laptop (because they should have stuck with making printers) 2)Always, always, always get the extended warranty. I know, I know, how did I not see this coming. I'll not be posting until I get the piece back, and hopefully the repair won't cost an arm and a leg, otherwise, I'll just have to buy a new one which honestly I'm almost tempted to do right now. I get really loyal to my product purchases, and I take it personal when something breaks prematurely. In this case, even if I get the idiot box back fixed relatively cheap, I'll always hold a grudge against it, I'll never type on it with the same confidence, I'll even allow my eyes to wander to other prospects on my next Best Buy run. I'll essentially continue to harbor this beast in my home, but Hewie and I's relationship will never be the same, matter of fact, I think Hewie will be sleeping with the chippies in silicon sea after I give him the "Office Space" fax machine revenge treatment. I've had better weeks. More medicine later, when I've taken mine.

    5 Comments:

    At 1/24/2006 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "PC Load Letter? What the F*ck does that mean?"

    God I love that movie..

    I can also totally sympathise with the post-breaking lack of trust. Its like someone cheating on you...

    I hope Hewie is better soon..

     
    At 1/24/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger airforcewife said...

    If you had gotten the extended warranty, it would have just waited that much longer to break.

    The encode it somehow. I know they do - some kind of remote detonation device.

    Perhaps when you get it back you should put a little tinfoil hat on it. ;)

     
    At 1/25/2006 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dude, how about a Dell?

     
    At 1/26/2006 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    About a month ago my powerbook decided to just shut off at random intervals. Because it felt like it. On the plus side, it's been fun to take a break from blogging while it gets repaired. Hopefully there'll be a bright side to yours as well.

     
    At 1/27/2006 10:25 PM, Blogger Jake said...

    Beth- Great minds think alike!

    airforcewife- I'm working on the hat and will have a pic for you.

    anonymous- a Dell would be great, but for now i'm stuck with the Hewie

    Pam- the only bright side is that my screen is no longer black. it's fixed after $329 and like 10 days. i was kinda hoping it was unfixable- oh well.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home