• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

    Thursday, September 01, 2005

    How you can help

    Here is a link to charities that fellow bloggers have found that are already actively involved. Way to go America, keep it up. We need you.

    Here is a list of all money given so far and by whom...

    I'm in the process of getting emergency leave right now, pray that my commander would be generous, and understanding.

    There is a way to get in by the way if you are coming from the East thru Alabama, you can get in via I10 but not sure as to when they'll start beaqring down on regular civilians coming in.

    8 Comments:

    At 9/01/2005 10:23 AM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

    I hope you get the requested leave, so you can help your family.. I am glad most of your family has been accounted for, and pray that the others are well. Will keep you in our prayers.

     
    At 9/01/2005 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ricky, here's an article I found on your hometown:

    http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/01/obliterated.town.ap/index.html

     
    At 9/06/2005 1:57 PM, Blogger Jake said...

    Kelley-

    It was good seeing you too, and it's a shame that we had to see ourselves under the current circumstances. However, I plan to come out again probably for Madeline's birthday, and maybe sooner depending on these fuel prices. By the way, I am deleting your comment so that some freak doesn't start calling your numbers. I will give the fam your message. Talk to you soon.

    Love,
    Ricky

     
    At 9/06/2005 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol- yeah thats probably a good idea, I didnt think of that. Thanks :) That would be awesome if you aere to come up for Maddies birthday! Or sooner but of course we understand b/c of gas. How high is it up there? The highest Ive seen it down here is $3.19. Crazy. Yeah it is a shame. And I am so sorry about ya'lls house. Anyways, I learned how to play 3 new songs last night :) Maybe I'll be an expert on that thing by the time you get up here again. Even though I doubt it,lol. Well keep in touch.
    Love you~~~Kelz

     
    At 9/06/2005 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    by the way- my email is-

    dancingklly@hotmail.com

    (u can delete this 2) lol

    ~Kelz

     
    At 9/08/2005 12:56 AM, Blogger Jake said...

    Momma of 2

    I didnt get my requested leave, but I was able to get a Labor Day weekend pass which I used to go down and help. I appreciate the thoughts.

     
    At 9/08/2005 12:57 AM, Blogger Jake said...

    Anonymous-

    Thanks for the article man. Why post anonymously, we dont bite.

     
    At 9/08/2005 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ricky -

    That was me - accidentally "Anonymous". Give me a call, when you're feeling up to it. I'd like to know how you're coping and how your family is doing.

    Best,
    Christina

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home