• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

    Monday, July 11, 2005

    The Art of Being Single (according to St. Paul)

    Tommy's Sermon

    This link takes you to the sermon I just listened to... WOW. The pastor from Denton Bible Church, Tommy Nelson, takes you through I Corinthians 7:25-35 and really focuses on two things: 1) taking advantage of our time as singles to serve the Lord, and 2) not succumbing to the popular belief that once we are married, service to God must end. Distractions, distractions, I have them, but I can only imagine what it must be like for married couples and families.

    This sermon is great for the bachelor or bachelorette, the newlyweds, and even the all stars who are into their golden years of that sacred covenant.

    Challenging, insightful, thought provoking, and as always... extremely witty. Listen for yourself.

    1 Comments:

    At 7/15/2005 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rick,

    I believe that in singlehood it is easier to focus on the Lord and take advantage to learn from Him and drink from the well. In marriage, all the more we should be focused,and I agree why is it so hard? It is aboutlearning the balance.

    Before marriage it was so much easier to build and develope my relationship with the Lord and now, being married 2 years, I have yet to wake up and daily spend my time with the Lord.

    I know for me, I can't put my husband abd his thoughts and his ways above the thoughts and ways of the Lord. But as we progress in marriage you do realize how God kept you to Himself for whatever period of time to teach you to go through whatever it is that you and your husband are going through.

    I haven't listened to the sermon yet, but I'm a fan of Tommy Nelson, and his teachings on the Book of Solomon. I'll share more after listening.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home