• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

    Tuesday, November 29, 2005

    Richmond, VA: Day 1

    We just arrived in Richmond this afternoon, and I just walked in from dinner and spirits with my 6 roommates after a long day of driving and settling in- cleaning, grocery shopping, orienting ourselves to the new surroundings, etc. etc. Tomorrow we'll get our hospital/EMS orientation and then Thursday we'll get started. My team (Team 1) is assigned to EMS first so I'll be riding in the ambulance for one of the local fire departments and I cannot wait. Team 2 will of course be assigned to the hospital first. WOW! It's so nice to be away from Post, I feel like a free man again. My blogging has been sporadic lately, but I promise to try and post everyday while on rotations. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I was able to visit some friends in New York City and do thanksgiving dinner- New England style. It was wonderful! The hospitality rivaled the best I've known in the South, and the cooking was incredible. I hope to get a digital camera soon and post some pics as well. In the meantime, I look forward to writing about my latest adventures. Be on the look out!

    3 Comments:

    At 12/01/2005 9:37 PM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

    Glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving ! Best of luck on this rotation - you'll do awesome of course - and will learn a lot! Listen to the guys/gals in the rig - they are full of wisdom, although if you were in NW Iowa I'd say don't listen to the guys in the rig - they are full of something else. (my BIL is a paramedic in NW Ia!!)

     
    At 12/03/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Jake said...

    Becca- thanks and you will hear all the exciting stories, I'll be posting them often.

     
    At 12/03/2005 12:06 PM, Blogger Jake said...

    Momma of 2-

    Thanks for the encouragement. So far, these guys seems pretty squared away.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home